UKC Now Hiring: Event Day Staff
Organization Summary: Formed in April 2013 by two friends searching for genuine impact, Uncover KC (UKC) focuses on building bridges between those who want to improve their community and those who need help doing so. Since that launch, UKC has recruited over 64,000 volunteers and helped them complete more than 150,000 service hours, leading to $3.8 million in valued impact for local organizations. This collective impact is made possible through our civic engagement services and programs.
Position Summary: We are seeking high energy and enthusiastic individuals with a professional demeanor who thrive in dynamic environments. Event Day Staff will need to be flexible and willing to help where needed, be comfortable with leading volunteer groups, commit to at least 4 events per year, able to answer last-minute questions and have the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. There is a heavy emphasis on people skills, management flexibility and ability to complete tasks.
Job Type: Part-time, event days only
Compensation Range: $25/hr, 4-6 hours each event on average
- Upcoming events include the Liberty Hospital Half Marathon on March 25; Garmin Olathe Marathon on April 22; Hospital Hill Run on June 3; and KC Marathon on Oct. 21.
- Event Day Staff will be stationed at various locations on site and move where needed throughout the race.
- Lead volunteer groups.
- Be able to answer questions and make changes on the fly as the event dictates, while also providing quality customer service to guests, volunteers and staff.
- Follow specific instructions and training to perform duties assigned by UKC or event staff.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
Must be age 14 or older.
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
Self-motivated individual with creative problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and task-focused.
Have a reliable vehicle to get to and from events.
Displays good judgment, takes initiative and is eager to learn as much as to teach.
Responsive to direction and feedback; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This position operates across the KC metro area.
- Events can be indoor and outdoor, though most races are outdoors with natural elements.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected] For more information, call 845-323-6509.