Not only does our service benefit courts by saving them money and time, it also assists individuals. Research shows that diversion programs reduce the possibility of committing a crime more than once, provide financial relief for criminal justice systems, and support rehabilitation — all while benefiting local communities.
The Uncover KC Collaborative Courts service provides opportunities and structure for court-mandated volunteers to fulfill required service hours. We connect defendants with local, pre-screened organizations, then accurately verify and report completed hours.
UKC COLLABORATIVE COURTS:
BY THE NUMBERS
- Network development with local nonprofits and volunteer opportunities
- Verification of defendant volunteer hours
- Official liaison between defendants and court personnel
- Database management showcasing hours served and community impact
- Increased capacity to enhance diversion program offerings
- Improved awareness of area organizations and engagement opportunities
- Service statistics showing community impact
- Costs saved include time and money for courts and defendants