Organization Summary: Formed in April 2013 by two friends searching for genuine impact, Uncover KC (UKC) focuses on building bridges between those who want to improve their community and those who need help doing so. Since that launch, UKC has recruited over 68,000 volunteers and helped them complete more than 162,000 service hours, leading to $4.1 million in valued impact for local organizations. This collective impact is made possible through our civic engagement services and programs.
Position Summary: For this multi-site and multi-program organization, the Content Creator has an externally facing role that creates both written and visual content for the nonprofit’s various marketing efforts and needs. There is a heavy emphasis on creative writing and grammar, meeting deadlines, and establishing standards of performance across all correspondences.
Job Type: Independent Contractor
Compensation Range: $500 per month for 20 hours of work per month (5 hours per week)
- Create weekly social posts via content calendar.
- Schedule and manage social posts to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn via Hootsuite.
- Content type will vary from written copy, animated graphics, videos & photos.
- Manage user comments and engagement across platforms.
- Create newsletters in Bloomerang and Mailchimp for UKC as well as select projects.
- Proofread, edit and schedule newsletters on a bi-weekly basis, weekly when called upon.
- Review and proof submitted newsletter from other UKC staff and volunteers as needed.
- Create or edit blog posts in WordPress for UKC as well as select projects.
- Proofread, edit and schedule blogs on a monthly basis or when called upon.
- Review and proof submitted blogs from other UKC staff and volunteers as needed.
- Create promotional materials via Canva, Illustrator or other design software as needed.
- Proofread and edit submitted materials from other UKC staff and volunteers as needed.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
High school diploma or AA required; BA or higher preferred.
1-3 years of experience in nonprofits, social services or communications required; community organizing or marketing experience highly desirable.
Proficiency in social media platforms and Google Apps such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts, etc.
Knowledge of Collective Impact and other community organizing models helpful.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; strong written, design and verbal communication skills.
Self-motivated individual with creative problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and task-focused.
Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
Displays good judgment, takes initiative and is eager to learn as much as to teach.
Responsive to direction and feedback; comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for UKC’s mission.
This remote-friendly position has access to a professional, collaborative office environment that is available 24-hours, seven days a week.
This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners).
The position is required to talk, hear, stand and walk, and to handle, feel and reach.
Work Schedule and Benefits:
5 hours of work per week; 20 total per month.
$500 per month compensation.
The office is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional early morning or evening work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected]. For more information, call 816-200-0432.