Another year, another record-breaking drive. The numbers are in for Socktober 2017 and it's incredible:
- 10,107 pairs of new socks raised for those in need
- 74 total groups/individuals participated from 5 different states
- 30 different nonprofits received donations
After last year's record-setting drive of 8,848 pairs, we we're hoping to hit the 10,000 mark in 2017. Thanks to the 74 groups and individuals that participated this year, we we're able to zoom past that mark for the first time ever. That includes groups from five different states — Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky, California and Florida.
So many people made this possible. From the Boy Scouts Heart of America Council and Girl Scouts of NE Kansas/NW Missouri to schools like Lakeview and Piper Middle School to individual families like the Langfords, bless you all. You made positive change on our communities, you made a difference in other lives and above all else, you made our world a better place.
Check out the donor leaderboard below as well as the photo gallery. If you'd like to hold a drive before Socktober 2018, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Donors for Socktober 2017
- Lakeview Middle School = 3,420
- Amy Langford family = 1,508
- Piper Middle School = 1,507
- Kit Carson Elementary School = 577
- Brookside Elementary School = 510
- Boy Scouts Crew 2680 = 480
- Cub Scouts Pack 3001 = 359
- Engaged Companies = 320
- Penellias County Key Club = 252
- Cub Scouts Pack 3132 = 225