Habitat for Humanity – New Store Renovation Project
Size: 10-15 Volunteers Needed
Details: New Store Renovation Project. This is an exciting new project, and we need volunteers to help us transform a warehouse into our newest ReStore. Task can range from power washing, painting interior walls and fixtures, cleaning and sealing the concrete floors, deconstructing walls, processing scrap metal, minor construction, landscaping, hanging signage, assembling fixtures, and merchandising the store.
Responsibilities: (This is a volunteer position)
● Assist the team in the maintenance and upkeep of the store.
● Follow all safety procedures.
● Create and maintain effective sales displays, including clear and visible pricing and signage.
● Assist with the receiving, processing, organizing, and merchandising of donations.
● Contribute to an environment which provides our customers with a clean, friendly, well assorted store with a quick and easy check out.
Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City ReStore is a home improvement store and donation center open to the public. Volunteering at one of our five ReStores is one easy way you can help local families realize their dream of homeownership. ReStore is an integral part of Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City’s building and restoration processes. As you give your time and effort to ReStore, more and more resources are available to prepare the homes of Habitat homeowners.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Enjoys talking with people.
● Personality that dwells on the positives
● Detail oriented
● Extroverted attributes
● Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
● Good physical health: ability to lift 25 lbs. on a consistent basis and spend most of the day actively moving materials throughout a large facility.
● Knowledge of building materials and home improvement is a plus.
● Bilingual ability is helpful, but not necessary.
● 16 years or older (ReStore does welcome volunteers that are 14 & 15 years of age please inquire with the ReStore Volunteer Engagement Manager).
● Prior experience in a customer service position is appreciated but not required.
● Flexible Shifts available Monday – Saturday (8 am to 4 pm)
● One shift per week (negotiable)
● Minimum one-month commitment
Training and Supervision:
● Training and Supervision to be provided by the project manager and/or the ReStore management team of the designated location.
● Safety training is required.
Follow this link to register and self-schedule yourself – https://build.habitatkc.org/campaigns/18472-lenexa-restore
Individuals and groups welcome
Our age requirement is 14 years and older, Minors are required to have a parental authorization form and 14 /15 year olds must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.